People will never to be tired of saving money on their purchases and brands are always looking for the opportunities to bring new customers. One of the ways to connect to the customers are coupons (printed codes, digital codes, which can be used at web stores and mobile barcodes to download and use in-store).
According to RetailMeNot 96 % of US consumers use coupons to save money spent on shopping. Of course, other research agencies also point out that from 80 to 90 % of people use coupons for shopping.
When you are thinking about coupons inside the box you see something like a sheet of papers which are printed in newspaper and magazines and your mother or grandmother cuts out it before going to the market or mall. Of course, coupon industry changes and following modern IT trends it becomes mobile.
Here are some key facts about mobile coupon industry you need to know:
- 96% of Americans plan to use their mobile device to find better retail bargains (Shopular)
- 39% of customers spend more if they receive a personalized mobile coupon (Koupon)
- More than nine in ten mobile coupon users will redeem a coupon or code via their mobile device for online or offline shopping in 2017 (EMarketer)
- 55% of consumers use a smartphone to find a coupon while shopping in-store (RetailMeNot)
- 45% would like to receive in-store coupons from their favorite brands (Scanbuy)
- 83% of all digital coupon users will be using mobile coupons by 2015 (EMarketer)
- 51% use coupon apps once or twice a month while 20 percent use them daily (ScanBuy)
- 51% of retail shoppers are very interested in location-based, in-store mobile coupons (Zebra)
- 73% of smartphone users would like to receive instant coupons as they pass by an item in a store (Accenture)
- 21% of consumers search for coupons on their devices while in-store (MarketWired)
As we see from the numbers the mobile coupon industry becomes a great source for saving money for active mobile users. The advantage of mobile coupon distribution is that you can give more personalized experience and offer location and interest-based service. Using specialized software for coupon distribution means bringing up customer relationship into a new level.
Mobile software for coupon distribution gives retailers and marketers new tools to connect their target audience and get up-to-date information about coupon users. The development of coupon client-server location-based mobile applications is a right course for the ones who are already in the industry or is looking for the new ways of getting profit.
TrioStudio specializes in the development of coupons and deals mobile applications development for retail industry since 2012. We deeply understand how it works and able to develop complex analytical tools for such applications.